Wednesday, 24 August 2011 18:24 Last Updated on Thursday, 15 December 2011 19:55
You may be sure that your industry partner will pay for your equipment and lab staff. Or that your research results will be yours to publish. Or that all the parties will know what you mean in using certain terms in the contract. But is this what your contract says?
Stop! A contract is a legal agreement.
You need to know what you are signing.
You don't need to be a lawyer, but you do need to understand research contract basics. Join this webinar to hear Marcel Mongeon, IP lawyer and internationally renowned speaker, walk you through the fundamentals of contract writing.
In this 90 minute webinar, you will learn:
• A better process for writing agreements
• Why defining terms is important
• The 4C system for writing a contract
Who should attend?
• Researchers doing business with industry
• Research contracts officers
• Technology Transfer officers
• Industry engagement officers
• Government lab personnel
• Anyone in research administration